Do I need an electrical permit for my residential project?
Yes, an electrical permit is required for most projects. According to the Oregon Department of Consumer & Business Services, Building Codes Division, an electrical permit is required when you:
- Install or alter any permanent wiring or electrical device.
- Install additional wiring in your home.
- Install a new electrical outlet or light fixture.
- Install a receptacle for a garage-door opener.
- Convert from fuse box to circuit breakers.
- Install or alter low-voltage systems, such as security alarms, stereos, or computer systems.
For more information on when you need an electrical permit, go to PermitsProtect.info.
Click the image to see our brochure.